Kinnerley Parish Council plays an active part in all local planning issues. It is probably the area of the Council's role that is best known to the community and which can be of the most importance.

A Parish Council is not a planning authority, but under the Local Government Act 1972 it is able to make observations to the planning authority about applications in its parish. The planning authority for Kinnerley Parish is Shropshire Council.

Commenting on an application

Anyone is entitled to comment on a planning application whether or not they receive a letter from Shropshire Council.

There is a limited amount of time in which you can make comments. The statutory time given to neighbours to comment on an application is 21 days. It is very important to meet any deadline, or your comments may not be taken into account.

Online representation

Shropshire Council's encourages you to send your comments online.

Responses will be provided with an electronic notification, updates and will be informed of the planning decision within one working day of the decision notice being issued.

Written representations

Written representations should be forwarded to the relevant area office, which for Kinnerley Parish applications is:

Shropshire Council

Development Management

Castle View, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 1JR


To find the outcome of an application you will need to view the application online by following the Public Access link on this page or call 0345 678 9004 to find out the outcome of the application.

It is helpful if a copy of any comments can also be sent to the parish clerk so that local councillors may be aware of your views.

Advice on Planning and Building Services requirements

The Planning Portal is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales. Use this site to learn about planning and building regulations, apply for planning permission, find out about development near you, appeal against a decision and research government policy.

Making a planning application.

All applications for planning developments should be sent to Shropshire Council or alternatively you can make planning applications online using the planning portal at Shropshire Council online forms section of the webpage.